What to expect…
The initial session is an opportunity for you to share your reasons for seeking therapy and ask any questions you may have about the process. It also provides us with the opportunity to discuss expectations and goals for therapy and to determine therapeutic fit.
What to consider when you’re looking for a therapist and what you should ask yourself:
- What am I looking for in a therapist?
- What is my idea of therapy? What is my expectations for what it’s suppose to look like?
- What do I expect to get out of therapy? What am I looking to get out of it? Is there a time frame I have in mind?
- What changes am I hoping to see in myself? What do I need to see or feel in myself to know that therapy is working?
If for any reason we decide not to work together, I would be happy to provide you with other referrals.
Treatment modality is either individual or couple’s session. All sessions are 50 minutes long and held once per week or biweekly unless previously agreed upon.
*Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, I am currently providing sessions via a confidential Telehealth platform or telephone.*
My fee per individual therapy is $145 per session.
My Fee for couples therapy is $175.
I reserve limited slots for reduced fee therapy appointments, using a sliding scale based on availability and financial need.
Through a website called Headway, I am in-network to accept the following insurance plans:
UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
For out of network, please check your coverage carefully by asking your health insurance provider the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Non-emergency cancellations must be done 24 hours notice before a scheduled session. Late cancellations/no-shows will result in the billing for a late cancellation/no-show fee.
This is necessary because a time commitment is made to you and is held exclusively for you.